On the Premium Car, all seating is designated for more pleasant travel between Kyoto and Osaka
Because all seats are designated, you know you will have a seat,
and the pleasant seating area makes for a relaxing ride.
And don’t forget the convenience provided by the large tables,
electrical outlets and free Wi-Fi. All this for just a little more than the regular boarding fee.
A Premium Car ticket must be purchased in addition to the regular passenger ticket for the ride interval.
Purchase before boarding from Keihan Info-Station and other designated facilities at the below Keihan stations.
Note: Click here for online purchases (available in Japanese only)
|Purchase locations||Keihan Info-Station and other designated facilities at the following limited express stations:
Yodoyabashi, Kitahama, Temmabashi, Kyobashi, Hirakatashi, Kuzuha, Chushojima, Tambabashi, Shichijo, Gion-Shijo, Sanjo and Demachiyanagi
|Payment method||Cash only|
|Payment period||From 10 a.m. 14 days prior until three minutes before departure|
|Valid area||Limited express trains between Yodoyabashi and Demachiyanagi Stations.
(The Premium Car has a golden door and is the sixth car from the Kyoto side.)
Board and exit at any limited express station in the valid area. Refer to the map below.
Passenger Ticket for the Use Interval (not needed for holders of a Special Sightseeing Pass or other pass for the use interval)
Premium Car Ticket (differs depending on the interval)
Premium Car Ticket Fare Table
Examples of fares
Example 1: Yodoyabashi to Kuzuha
Passenger ticket for the use interval: 350 yen
Premium Car ticket: 400 yen
= 750 yen
Example 2: Yodoyabashi to Demachiyanagi
Passenger ticket for the use interval: 470 yen
Premium Car ticket: 500 yen
= 970 yen
Example 3: Yodoyabashi to Demachiyanagi
Passenger ticket for the use interval covered by the pass: 0 yen
Premium Car ticket: 500 yen
= 500 yen
Hours of operation
Times are available only for limited express stations.
- During the day, four trains are in operation each way every hour.
- The Keihan Line time schedule will be partially revised on Sunday, August 20.
- Operation is mainly by limited express (generally the same as the current time schedule).
- A black square next to a time indicates the Liner, a limited express train that runs twice every weekday morning. Please note that the stops are different from the limited express trains.
All cars on the Liner, not only the Premium Cars, are designated seating.
(1) Hirakatashi (7:14 departure) → Kyobashi → Temmabashi → Kitahama → Yodoyabashi (7:42 arrival)
(2) Kuzuha (8:20 departure) → Kyobashi → Temmabashi → Kitahama → Yodoyabashi (arrival: 8:54)
- The time to travel between Yodoyabashi and Demachiyanagi Stations during the daytime is 54 minutes.
- It is approximately 40 minutes by limited express from Kyobashi to Gion-Shijo.